To be a great rock and pop musician you need to develop a range of important musical skills — from performing with flair, to improvising and picking up new songs quickly. Trinity College London’s Rock & Pop exams are designed to help you develop these skills and take your musicianship to the next level.
This book has been produced to help candidates prepare for the session skills test, an important part of each Rock & Pop exam. Candidates may choose from either playback or improvising to demonstrate a broad range of skills on their instrument.
- Guidance on how to approach playback and improvising tests at Grades 3–5.
- Encourages the development of a broad range of musical skills with invaluable hints and tips for students preparing for a Rock & Pop exam.
- Contains 10 examples of both playback and improvising tests for each grade.
- Includes an accompanying CD for candidates to practise the tests as they would be presented in the exam.
- Ideal for students preparing for Trinity’s Rock & Pop exams.