This book contains nine pieces from ABRSM’s Grade 8 Piano syllabus for 2023 & 2024, three pieces chosen from each of Lists A, B and C – ideal for both Practical and Performance Grade exams. The pieces have been carefully selected to offer an attractive and varied range of styles, creating a collection that provides an excellent source of repertoire to suit every performer.
The book also contains helpful footnotes and, for those preparing for exams, useful syllabus information.
A version of this book with audio download is also available.
- J. S. Bach - Prelude and Fugue in B flat, BWV 866
- Mozart - Allegro (1st movt from Sonata in F, K. 332)
- Schubert - Moment musical in C sharp minor (No. 4 from Moments musicaux, D. 780)
- S. Coleridge-Taylor - Impromptu in B minor (No. 2 from Two Impromptus)
- Farrenc - Étude in D flat, Op. 41 No. 5
- Tchaikovsky - Juin: Barcarolle (No. 6 from Les saisons, Op. 37b)
- Albéniz - Rumores de La Caleta (Malagueña) (No. 6 from Recuerdos de viaje, Op. 71)
- Debussy - Arabesque No. 2 (from Deux arabesques, L. 66)
- J. P. Johnson - Over the Bars