This unique collection contains 22 diploma-level art songs for recitals, auditions and performances.
Available for high or low voice, this anthology includes songs in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Welsh, Catalan and Hindi, allowing performers to create diverse programmes in a range of languages. Idiomatic English translations are provided to aid study and understanding.
All classical singers, whether preparing for a diploma or not, will enjoy the range of repertoire in this rich compendium. For those who are studying for a Trinity diploma, all songs have been selected from the repertoire lists for Music Performance Diplomas in Singing from 2019 (ATCL & LTCL).
Compiled by Luise Horrocks, Associate Chief Examiner.
Performance notes by are available to download for free from trinitycollege.com/music-books
- Consolati e spera! (D Scarlatti, ed. Parisotti)
- Ach neige, du Schmerzenreiche (Arnim)
- L’abbandono (Bellini) Lorelei (C Schumann)
- Le mariage des roses (Franck)
- The Bird’s Story (Eine Vogelweise) (Delius)
- Siehst du, wie in der Ferne (Greger)
- Elegia eterna (Granados)
- Crepuscolo (Respighi)
- Mantle of Blue (Bridge)
- Und gestern hat er mir Rosen gebracht (Marx)
- Au pied de mon lit (L Boulanger)
- Chiquitita la novia (Obradors)
- Awst: Traeth y Pigyn (August: On the Beach) (Thomas)
- Kowhai (Freed)
- I Will Always Love You (Rorem)
- Logon mein prem hoga (Subramaniam)
- Here in This Spring (from If I Touched the Earth) (McDowall)
- Sure on This Shining Night (Hamilton)
- O Swallow, Swallow (Dove)
- He Moemoea (A Dream) (Ritchie)
- Salve regina (R Panufnik)